RE: QUOTE.com service

can't help - must post this :)

if we really get oc3 everywhere from backbone to
ISPs ... then, every kids will be online playing
multiple movies and mp3 while time critical data
are choked off :)

public bandwidth = abuse = never enough.

after every upgrade to the backbone/ISPs bottleneck,
there is always a relief period.

then somebody will figure out yet another "brilliant"
idea to "use" the net :) and flood the net to its
maximum again.

so expect all major upgrade to the internet will
be outdated faster and faster :)

The more powerful a vendor is, the more data they
themselves flood into the net, and that affects
everyone else.

to summarize it all, internet is communism at work :)

--- "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, polls show internet usage dropping rather
> dramatically.....see
> "The Industry Standard" mag for a weekly update.
> With the advent of OC3 technology and high-end Cisco
> and Juniper Network
> monster backbone routers, the pipeline of the
> internet is huge.
> Problem is: service providers (like quote.com) are
> not spending enough on
> their own infrastructure to support their huge
> client base. It's the old
> health-club oversubscription syndrome. A new health
> club starts up and all
> new customers are happy for about a year until the
> place is mobbed and
> starts to become dirty and the equipment is breaking
> down all the time, etc,
> etc.
> Been there, seen that.
>
> Just move the scenario to the world of high-tech,
> that's all.
>
> quote.com = cheap-quote.com
>
> they should change their name....to be honest.

=====
Lawrence Chan                   http://www.tickquest.com
Innovative Analytical Software for Trading Professionals