Re: [Off topic] REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE

>From: Simon Campbell <s.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Off topic] REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE
>Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:07:16 -0500

>the following
>rules are introduced with immediate effect:
>
>1.   You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then
>look
>up "aluminium". Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just
>how
>wrongly you have been pronouncing it. Generally, you should raise your
>vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same
>twenty
>seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know"
>is an
>unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up "interspersed".
>
>2.   There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on
>your behalf.

>3.   You should learn to distinguish the English and >Australian accents.
>It really isn't that difficult.

Um, you know, like, sometimes I wish Ya'll French and English just spoke
German. Then we'd only have to take crap from the Kiwis and the Aussies for
not being able to tell who's who down under. As an added plus they don't
care how badly we mangle the "Queen's English".

>4.   Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast British actors as the
>good guys.

Geez, we did let a Brit play a "good guy" gay robot in
Star Wars. What do you want? Do they make movies in England?

>10.  Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

That would be the Mob.

Pedro