Re: Backup

For a quick and very simple to use backup system, check into this one.  The
product has a share-ware style trial period and only costs $50 or so to
register after a 20 day free trial.  The product is blazingly fast as it
copies modified sectors to the target drive.

  http://www.abatus.com

I'm using it to backup all my modified files each day from my two active
hard drives to my backup drive.  I then back up my backup hard drive to an
internet disk storage site on a weekly or so basis.

This product would work just as well with a ZIP drive.  I don't think it
would work with tape.

It doesn't currently back up registry information, but I'm using the
following program to do that.  The files it creates are backed up by AMS
(abatus' product) with no problems.  WinRescue also cleans up and
compresses the registry, so it is more than a backup product.

             =========================
                   WinRescue NT 2.00
               =========================

WinRescue NT works only with WinNT4.
Use WinRescue 95 for Windows95.
Use WinRescue 98 for Windows98.

Produced and Distributed by Super Win Software
http://superwin.com/

I have no relationship with either company other than being a satisfied
customer.

I'm running both products on WINNT 4 SP 6a.  Both can run automatically in
the background without user intervention.  AMS can be used to do real-time
mirroring of one drive to another (except for registry information).  I
don't use it that way because I've got two active hard drives, but I've set
it up so that as soon as I start AMS, it backs up the same drive it did the
last time I ran it.  I then manually switch it to back up the other drive.

I've set up WINRESCUE to automatically back up my registry when I reboot my
PC.  I manually pack the registry every few days.