Re: SHAREWARE?????

The GIF compression algorithm will save much more
space only if you have alot of horizontal sets of
consecutive one-colored pixels. So if its something
like a chart where there is plenty of background of a
single color, a GIF will work much better. If you are
talking of a picture with lots of different colors and
no horizontal lines, a JPG will work best.

Victor
--- "Monte C. Smith" <mcs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> mario scalino wrote:
> >
> > does anyone know of any shareware, that will
> convert jpg, and tiff files to
> > gif? Gif files take up much less space than the
> latter 2.
> >

>  Is that right? I thought .jpg had better
> compression than .gif?
> Monte

=====

Victor C.