Re: Re[2]: TradeLab Software

In a message dated 10/27/00 3:08:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I figure that this is caused by the experience of most would be traders, at
 first you think that you can find something that will make you a killing, or
 you buy a gimmick like Ken Roberts. You lose your first few thousand and
 then you think that you need better stuff so you invest in something like
 TS, M or some such. Soon you realize that this didn't get you far either, so
 you put your ear to the ground. You begin to realize that no amount of money
 will buy you the holy grail and that probably no such thing exists. This
 makes you very, very slow to spend good money after bad for more software.
 Finally you either learn to trade, blow up, or fade away.

 Prosper

Very well said!  My experience exactly.  I do think that after one realizes
that "tools" like TS are NOT the holy grail, you stop LOOKING for it and
begin to recognize what such "tools" CAN do for you.  And that's about when
you finally acknowledge that there ain't nobody out there who can help you.
You need your own "way" which you understand, have seen in action in ways
that you control and define the "signals", "indicators" and other such ways
of interpreting price action.  In the final analysis, price still is what one
trades.  Everything else is a hindrance or an aid.  I just WISH they would
stop switching back and forth between those 2 categories when I least expect
it!

Lee Scharpen