TradeLab and Internet Data Feeds

<> Colin, Attached below is a recent statement from Bob Brickey, TradeLab developer, regarding TradeLab and internet data feeds.  I'm not sure what the timing of that capability will be, but it will follow the issuance of TradeLab version 2.0, which will add backtesting and optimization. Remember that people who license TradeLab version 1.0 now will receive the higher priced version 2.0 at no additional cost. Regards, Fred http://www.tradelab-rebate.com ------------------------------------------------------ TradeLab Version 1.0 obtains real-time data via an API (Application Program Interface) to MarketStream's UMDS Version 2.02.  UMDS Version 2.02 does not support Internet data-feeds.  UMDS Version 3.0 will, but it hasn't been released yet and I am not sure of the Internet data-feeds it will support. I think MarketStream's current delivery estimate is February, 2001. Regardless of when UMDS Version 3.0 is released, we plan to add direct Internet data-feed interfacing to the TLData time series database management system component of the TradeLab package.  Some work on that already has been done.  The current version of TLData already has direct Internet communication capability.  All that is needed is data packet decoders for supported data-feeds.  Work on that will start after release of TradeLab Version 2.0. A decision hasn't been made yet about which Internet data-feeds to support directly in TLData.  That will depend in part on the timing of the UMDS 3.0 release and upon the Internet data-feeds it supports. Fred QED@xxxxxxxx