Moving Averages

To: omega-list <omega-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Moving Averages
From: Rokin Sequoia <rokinseq@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:51:02 +0200

Hi there,

Next week we finally get our computers so we can install TradeStation
2000i. As a starter I want to build a very simple system. Just to learn
programming in Easy Language.
I want to optimize two weighted moving averages and combine this with a
third, shorter wma. A friend already optimized these two wma's for the
tickchart of the Eurostoxx 50 index traded at the Eurex. These simple
moving averages are 71 and 153. I use them at the moment as a Weighted
Moving Average 71 and 153 and combine it with a 35 WMA to build in a
neutral zone.
I have some questions for this probably easy to solve thing.
1) Can anyone give me some formulas for a program for optimizing two
moving averages?
2) Can anyone give me the formula to trade with 3 weighted moving
averages? I would like to display it as a coloured tickchart
(linechart). Green for longs, white for neutral and red for shorts.
3) If this color thing is not possible for a tickchart, then how do I
program this into a one minute chart? So, trading wma signals on a tick
level displayed in a 1 minute chart.

Lots of thanks.

Ed Kiers