Re[2]: OS Opinions

On Sunday, October 08, 2000, 5:46:59 PM, you wrote:

BS> Well, I guess there are about as many OS opinions as there OS's but if an
BS> individual is happy with their OS that is all that matters.

True. One more data point: I run TS4/PII/Win95 (yes, 95 :-), dedicated
machine, no fancy things, just watch charts with a few clicks as
needed. Many long, complex studies. Quite reliable.

Also run TS2k on NT4, also dedicated to TS, but larger computer. Have
all current updates. Does NOT run real-time; I transfer data from TS4.
Crashes at least every few days, most often at shutdown. I do many
'strange' things and program development, though. Perhaps that makes
the difference.

It would be nice to know why different people have such different
experiences :-).

ztrader