Re: OS Opinions

> Win 2000 is essentially NT5. It is significantly more stable than NT4, and
> opens up excellent implementations of Plug and Play, USB, etc. Unless there
> are driver issues (which are becoming few and far between), anyone using
> NT4 should upgrade to Win 2000.

Well maybe. An old saying I've found to be especially true with
computers is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My HP box with
factory-installed NT is the first 'crashproof' computer I've ever owned
and I'm in no hurry to improve on that.

OTOH, I have an old P90 running TS4 on W95. It's limited by the BIOS to
64 MB which isn't enough to effectively run NT. Does W2K require less
memory or does it, like most Microsoft products, require more memory
than its predecessor?

--
  Dennis