Re: windows millenium & ts4

> > WinNT, on the other hand, has almost nothing in common with the
> > Win9x family.  It was designed from the ground up as an
> > honest-to-God operating system, by people (NOT from Microsoft) who
> > had actually done that successfully in the past.
>
> That's real news to me. But I should have surmised a stable
> operating system could not have really come from microsoft. Do you
> know where it came from?

Ever hear of a little company called Digital Equipment Corporation,
and their rather popular OS called VMS?  :-)

There are lots of places to find out about this, if you know what to
search for.  A quick web search of "Windows NT Cutler VMS" turned up
http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4494 as one
good source.

I even learned a new geek joke from the article -- if you increment
each letter in VMS, you get WNT -- Windows NT.  :-)

Gary