Re: NDX symbol funnies

"Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>I have had problems in the past with different versions of the NDX
>symbols, and I thought I'd resolved them -- but now I just noticed
>something is still messed up...
>
>If I chart the symbol NDX, it comes up with the NDX/NASDAQ symbol
>just like it should.  But if I try to plot an ASCII file containing
>NDX data, I have a problem.

This may or may not be useful, but once upon a time I used to make
"continuous" SP contracts by manually appending each day's SP bar
to an ASCII file.  Somehow, somewhere deep in the bowels of TS's
Symbol Universe an entry was made that pertained to *ASCII* SP
data, separate and different from the realtime tick data, or the
daily data collected from my BMI feed.

I never could find an entry in the Symbol Universe to edit for that
ASCII data (I think it had incorrect session times, or somesuch),
despite much search.  I took it to be yet another bug in TS, and
I just lived with it.

FWIW, :)

Jim