RE: NDX symbol funnies

> There is a Nasdaq 100 index symbol(Ndx) on the CBOE exchange.

That's what I thought when I ran up against this the last time, but
that's not what's in my symbol universe.  Maybe I deleted the
NDX/CBOE *index* symbol to avoid the problems I was having before.

(Why in God's name do they have duplicate symbols for the same thing
in two different exchanges!?  Which NDX is the ""right"" NDX?)

In any case, I don't want the CBOE index OR index option symbols.
And ordinarily I don't get them.  But when I try to chart NDX data
from ASCII, the CBOE index option symbol is the only NDX symbol it
can find.  And unless I'm mistaken, this is a recent change.  Whether
or not it's recent, it's not right.

Gary