Re: BMI Cable Brooklyn NY

In a message dated 10/2/00 12:19:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dmishaan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hi,

 I live in Brooklyn, NY and I use BMI cable with TS 2000i.  My cable company
 is Cablevision.  Today BMI stopped sending their signal over TBS, and are
 now only sending their signal over AMC and C-Span1.  Cablevision told me
 they do not carry the sidebands on either of these channels, and do not plan
 to, therefore, no data is coming accross.  Is there anyone else out there
 with this same problem, and what do you plan to do?

 If I do have to switch my method of data, what do you recommend as being the
 best provider for futures mainly, and is an internet feed reliable?

 Thanks,
 Danny >>

I posted earlier on similar difficulties (with Signal cable broadcast) here
in  CA which cropped up when I moved from one locaton to another and the
cable provider became Comcast.  I switched to internet delivery using
eSignal.  I also tried PCQUOTE.com but there were some difficulties with the
indices they provided data for and from which "exchanges" (involving exchange
fees) they were coming from.  My experience with both, though, was
satisfactory although I did not do as exhaustive a test of any "delays" in
tic data as some who have posted recently on this "list".  I am, in fact,
quite pleased with the performance of the cable internet / eSignal
combination.  This even in the face of a growing unhappiness with the kind of
customer support I perceive coming from DBC.  With cable broadcast over the
last 4 years I have had innumerable data interruptions due to interruptions
in cable service.  It's only been about a month with internet/eSignal, but so
far not a second of interrupted service that I've detected.

Lee