Real Time Data providers?

   have a look on Quote.com (through Dynastore). I tested it side by side

first with DBC-satellite (my old data source) than with E-Signal. At the
time of this two months test Quote.com's Qfeed was about 20 seconds
faster than E-Signal and even more so than DBC-Satellite.

   Qfeed has sometimes (about 5% of the time) a lag of between 4 to 20
seconds due to bandwidth limitations in getting their data from Comstock.
They promise to remove this bottleneck on October 15th.

   Look at Time & Sales in Qharts of Quote.com and compare it to an
atomic clock. Practically all of the time the difference is about one
second. Compare it also to the free E-mini Nasdaq data (by Webcast)
from the CME. There is no time difference most of the time. I use
Webcast to check Qfeed.

   A good ISP is certainly helpful. I use two. I am located in Germany and
within Germany the net-quality is good. But the two ISPs use different
ISPs in the US. I monitor permanently the netweather with the traceroute
utility Pingplotter and change ISPs when the net-weather for one is worse
than for the other. Generally for ISP-1 turnaround-time is 200millisec and
error rate is zero; for ISP-2 it's 300-400msec and 7-10% data loss.

Nick Malzahn