RE: cash forex e-brokers

Chris,

I have had a 6 months experience with MatchbookFx.

Here are the pro's:
	- very professional with fast fills and small slippage, even when you are
trading by chat (this was my case when I was trading from the office,
because there the firewall prevented me from using their electronic
platform, with which you have the ability to have very small pips, sometimes
2-3 pips)
	- very courteous and friendly, with a fast answer to any inquiry. One day,
I complained that they charged me a com for a limit order. No discussion, I
was credited immediatly.

Now the con's:
	- they had a comission schedule, which is uncommon for a forex broker. But
this was (more than) compensated by the fact that you have very few slippage
and very small pip (bid-offer spread) so this was not a problem at all. BUT:
	- they drastically changed their strategy in August, favouring big
institutional accounts. They announced that for any account below 250,000 $
, a fixed monthly fee of USD 500 would be in order, from which they would
deduct the commissions. For a small account like mine (12,000) generating
around 150 USD/month, this meant an additional USD 350 fixed fee or com
for...nothing !

I was upset and closed my account immediatly.
Then, they made a fair proposal: waiving this 500 USD fixed fee, in exchange
my minimum balance would be 15,000 USD.
Had they made this proposal one week earlier, I would have accepted, but it
was too late, my confidence was a bit hit.

Sometimes, I regret these guys...
Hope this (balanced..!) opinion will help you. Otherwise, if you are located
in Europe, you may want to try MIDAS. I discussed several times with one of
their executives, they look very professional too but they do not give the
possibility to trade by chat or email, and I have this firewall prob...

Carl Vanhaesendonck