Re: Sharpe Ratios of CTA's

<x-flowed>

Bob Fulks wrote:

>A "decent" trading system will have a Sharpe Ratio of at least 2. I usually
>shoot for at least 3. My best ones are over 5 and I have seen values as
>high as 10 for really great systems.<

Just to clear up a thought: my "3-5" comment was plucked arbitrarily from
Bob's post. My thought was that many (if not most) of the trading world will
never write a system as good as the ones in the dregs of Bob's (and a few
others) hard drives. If that is the case, maybe "trade the best and sell the
rest" isn't always a bad idea.

Bill Wynne

Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
</x-flowed>