Re: Save a screen as a file?

In a message dated 9/20/00 1:05:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< > I am trying to save the contents of a TS4 screen, indicators and all, as
 > file and there doesn't seem to be a way, other than saving the workspace
 as
 > a TS4 file.  I'd like to save it as a jpeg, or gif, or some kind of file
 > that could be transmitted.  I couldn't even find a way to print it to a
 > file.  Am I missing something obvious?
 >
 > John

my first post.   I found this "list" yesterday.  Looks like a good one

To "capture" a chart in TS4.

1. display the chart of interest
2.  click the "paste to clipboard" button
3.  you can then copy it to whatever you like.  Most folks have "Paint" on
their system.  If you have paint, open it.  then you can paste the chart from
clipboard to paint,  I think "how to do this will be obvious".  It will show
up on your paint window.
4.  you can then save this to file (I think it's just "file... save"  It will
save to a memory hog .bmp file.  This can be sent as attachemetns to e-mails
etc. But it will probably be a BIG file.
5.  You can then convert the .bmp file to, say, a .gif file with another
program.  I use OmegaDrive which I got from a shareware site and "registered
for a nominal fee.  But there are a host of others.  With Omega drive you can
"open" the .bmp file you just saved and then resave it as a .gif file.  I was
amazed at how small the .gif files are compared to the "parent" .bmp files.
THEN erase the damn .bmp file from  your hard drive!

That should do it.  If I left out anything or you have problems, let me know
and i'll try again.