Re: Reality check

In a message dated 09/18/2000 4:12:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
sptrader@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I need a reality check.  I do electronic order entry for the S&P's and
 on one occasion
 it took 5min today to get a market order filled and 3min on another
 occasion.
 My broker tells me the exchange is having problems with TOPS being
 overwhelmed with order flow.   Anyone else experience these problems?

 Thanks for your feedback
 BAK >>

There were problems today with a core router at MCI Worldcom and TOPS was
affected.  Traffic was switched to a backup line, but there was a delay in
some activity.  A number of FCMs were affected by the outage, including mine,
ED&F Man.  Of the two systems I offer, one was down until the switch was made
and one just had a momentary burp, which mostly delayed fills by a minute or
so.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.  The opinions expressed are his
personally.