Re: Java based SW

<x-flowed>
At 11:44 PM 9/6/2000 -0400, H. Mark Hubey wrote:
>will it be Java based?

If you're referring to my software, see my earlier e-mail (my first in the
thread).  As far as I know, the other people in the list aren't actively
developing anything at this time.  I was listening in, but my time back
then was very limited, so I simply kept working on my C++ code that worked
with Tradestation.

More info on my work...

Currently almost all of my code except the GUI is in standard C++, since
we've been using it with TradeStation in the past and I was more proficient
at C++.  (this is the piece, minus our system code, that I am most willing
to release in the near term)

The GUI and data loading stuff that I am currently working on is in
Java.  When the Java side is futher along, I will probably put some more
thought into how I will release that.  Probably also as source code, but
with a fee.  I do not expect to mass market it though and I don't intend
the sale of it to be a major money maker.  It would be targetted toward
people that knew Java or were willing to pay for enhancements.

At some time in the future, I will likely move the C++ code into Java and
compile it.  Currently this isn't a high priority for me since it's a
sizable amount of code that works very well in it's current form, and I'm
not totally independent of TS yet.

david_wieringa@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer (contractor)
Scottsdale, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI