Question for the options gurus

I am looking into a strategy that involves trading volatility from the long
side. Mostly buying straddles and variations of straddles. I am planning to
use Toby Crabel's technique of comparing the 100 day historical volatility
to the 6 day historical volatility and only select from candidates where the
6-day vol is less than 50% of the 100 day. Does anyone on the list have any
experience with similar strategies that would like to share their insight ?
Can you recommend other options trading books ? I have Macmillan's "Options
as a Strategic Investment" but I am looking for something more concrete with
successful and unsuccessful real-world examples. Any help you can provide
would be greatly appreciated ! ! ! Best of luck in all your endeavors ! !

Kent the Shaw

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on
  your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him,
  and He will make your paths straight."

                  -Proverbs 3:5-6