Re: Multiple Exits

An exit will not be filled twice in a row. Some other
order needs to be filled after the first exit. That's
by design in TradeStation (and I believe described in
the EZL manual).

A simple proof is to run this simple system:

vars: bn(10);
If Barnumber = 1 then
   Buy 100 shares;
If BarNumber = bn then begin
   bn = bn + 10;
   exitLong 5 shares total;
end;

These statements are saying:
1. Buy 100 shares at the first bar of the chart
2. Every 10 bars, place an order to exit 5 shares

If you look at your chart, or at your system report
you will notice that you only got 1 exit (you sold 5
shares on bar 10).
You always need to type as many exit statements as you
need to scale out of a position.
In other words, there is no pyramiding setting for
exits to allow 'multiple consecutive exit orders by
the same statement'... the pyramiding settings only
refer to entries.

Victor

--- Mel F <melsmail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have  a strategy that starts off with say 5
> contracts and various exits.
> What appears to be happening is that once an exit
> condition has been met
> even if that condition is encountered again it is
> not called and any
> additional  exit has to be a different condition
> (that is not previously
> met)
>

> Mel
> melsmail@xxxxxxxxxxx