RE: Historybank data to ASCII

couple of thoughts:

1. I'd be extremely careful on relying on historybanks's data for use with
backtesting. My personal experience, and i believe the experience of others
on the list, is that the historybank data is often missing bars, has a
significantly higher error rate than other setvices (a comparison article
done by Stocks and Commodities) and in general is fraught with peril.

I'd go with Pinnacle for daily data, and buy their interday data for the
selected commodities you need. They can provide Ascii format data very
inexpensively.

2. If you have some datum already in the Global Server, you can export it by
creating a chart and applying the following showme:

{***************************************
 Note: 1st bar on study is not seen
 MAXBarsback = 0 to get all but first bar
****************************************}

Vars: String1(" "), strComma(""), strDate(""), strYear(""), strMonth(""),
strDay("");

String1 = "c:\" + GetSymbolName + ".t2k";
strComma = ",";
strDate = ELDateToString(Date);	{mm/dd/yyyy}
strYear = RightStr(strDate, 4);
strmonth = Leftstr(strDate, 2);
strDay = MidStr(strDate, 4, 2);

FileAppend(String1,
	StrYear + strMonth + strDay + strComma +
	NumToStr(Time, 0) + strComma +
	NumToStr(Open, 3) + strComma +
	NumToStr(High, 3) + strComma +
	NumToStr(Low, 3) + strComma +