Re: Ascii file handling program

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Ascii file handling program
  • From: "Terry B. Rhodes" <tbr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:27:55 -0700

I would suggest using either sed or awk to do this work. These
are standard tools available on unix. If you are using windows a
GNU version of these may be available for free. If no free
version is available you can buy the MKS toolkit and use the
version that comes with it.

Perl is also an option. This tool should be available for free on
whatever OS you are using. It is somewhat harder to get up to
speed on than the other tools mentioned as it has many features
that aren't needed for simple text file manipulation.

regards,

tbr