RE: http://www.egroups.com/group/systemtrader - questionable choice

Below is an exerpt from www.egoups.com privacy policy I just copied. - I'm
sure with just a little effort we could find a site that does not require
this information, request additional personal info, run contests and
promotions, send us unsolicited email, or target us with advertising.

==== snip =====
Privacy policy
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you?

eGroups collects information in a variety of ways from different parts of
the Service.

Some information is gathered when you register. During registration, eGroups
asks for your email address, date of birth, gender and country of residence.
While only this information is required to use the Service, the more
information that you provide (and the more accurate it is), the better we
are able to customize your experience. In addition, when the service is
used, we retain your IP address for some period of time.

>From time to time, we may ask you for personal information, including (but
not limited to) when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by eGroups
or when you subscribe to eLerts. If you contact eGroups, we may keep a
record of that correspondence. eGroups also occasionally asks users to
complete surveys that we use for research purposes. All other information
gathered is optional and is used to publish your member profile for other
members of your community to know more about you, and to better target the
advertising to your interests.

Kimberly