From: Robert Denner [mailto:sandbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 6:05 PM
To: Omega User Group
Subject: FW: Need Help

HI guys Really need some help here. Thanks in advance for your time and
effort.

I set up Prosuite 2000 at a major daytrading firm and wrote a showme study
and converted the showme to an indicator so that I can get signals on the
tracking center. Everyone there is counting on me to get this to work and I
need your help. I'm a programmer by profession so I'll understand what you
are saying.

I am also attaching both of the above to this memo.

Here is my problem.

I created a workspace with a 1 minute candlestick chart, the showme applied
to this chart and a tracking center. I also created a radar screen with just
the attached indicator on it.

On the chart I get a dot under the 1 minute bar after the one minute bar is
complete only if the logic ends favorably. During the creation of the bar
(IE every tick coming in), I get a signal as it occurs in the tracking
center whether it ends favorably or not. So far all is well.

The problem I am having is that I get dozens of alerts during the one minute
period for, for example, MSFT. I do not check "disable alert once hit" box
as I want to get a signal on every 1 minute bar as it occurs and not just
once for the day.

I attempted to code the indicator to look at the current bar while in the
bar itself so if I get an alert 10 seconds into the bar I do not want to get
another alert until the start of the next bar. This is where I am having
difficulty.

It appears, using the commentary function, that the calculation for barno =
currentbar does not occur until the bar is complete and not as the code is
executed. You will see what I mean when you look at the code of the
indicator.

Could you please explain to me the theory as to when things are calculated
in a showme study and also what am I doing incorrectly in my indicator code.
I understand that if you had applied a system to a chart, it would not be
calculated until the period of the bar was complete(IE 5 minute. Is the same
true for a showme study?)

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Attachment Converted: "c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\BOB1.ELA"