RE: Reinstall TS

Under win2000, I lost the tabs at the bottom of the View Strategy
performance window, as well as the entire content. The only way I found to
recover was a re-install.

I had not tried the portfolio evaluator, so at least in my case, it wasn't
the guilty party.

My best guess is that it was an overwrite of comdlg32.dll that caused it to
fail.

Here's what I did for the reinstall. BTW: I suggest saving all items to a
working directory (c:\owork} other than anywhere in the Omega-installed
path.

Be sure you have the appropriate password for sp3 or sp4c cd and current
password before attempting the re-install!

1. using EL PowerEditor:
 	File | Import and Export | Export (ELS)	{export all techniques}

2. using Global Server, Symbol PortfolioTab:
	EDIT | Select ALL				{select all symbols}
	File | Export | Global Server Format	{export them}

3. make a folder to hold custom symbol lists under your work directory:
c:\owork\csl, for instance

4. copy all custom symbol lists from C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Custom
Symbol Lists to c:\owork\csl

5. be sure to save all workspaces, giving them unique names

6. if you are the highly cautious type, and if suffient disk space is
available, make a zip backup of the c:\program files\omega research folder
and all subdirectories. This may take 500MB or more of disk space.

7. remove the app using the control panel | add and remove programs

8. reboot

9. win2000?, if so, refer to Omega's KB Article at
http://www.omegaresearch.com/supportonline/
"Upgrading to Windows 2000 with Omega Research 2000i Products" and if
required, apply the registry patch to allow mdac install to succeed

10. apply sp5, universe and help updates

11. open the global server and import saved portfolio symbol file:
	File | Import |GlobalServer

12. open the power editor and import all techniques:
	File | Import and export | Import...
	ensure they all are verified successfully

13. copy all saved workspaces back to omega-installed program directory
(typically c:\program files\omega research\program

14. copy all Custom Symbol lists c:\omega\csl\*.* back to c:\program
files\omega research\custom symbol lists

now it should work once again.
Kimberly