RE: Demark Sequential - a good study....one more time

OK, let's not get into a "religious war" about parameters and optimization
!!

I love to use them EARLY in a system's development and also for an UNKNOWN
system to see the cause and effect.

In the case of Demark Sequential, I for instance wanted to see if the SELL
SIDE 9-4 defaults should have been 11-5 for instance.....and just maybe the
9-4 should become 11-5 if a certain change in the market takes place.
Without optimization, you'll never know.

Optimization studies make you keenly aware of your system's "chinks in the
armor". More importantly, how the win/loss ratio and win% relationship
varies by parameter and assumption.
After those studies are done and all of the correlations are made, then the
parms can be reduced to a few.
The "Dual Thrust" system by Mike Chalek takes this approach. What he doesn't
tell you is that his 2 critical parameters kick-off the settings and
formulas for a dozen INTERNAL parameters that you never "see".

They are mandatory for setting stop loss and scalping/quick gain amounts
(expressed in percentage of course)

I believe many developers cannot really use optimization AT ALL in their
systems because they have them built and expressed in POINTS......that is a
big, BIG , B I G   "no - no". It makes the system totally non-portable for
one thing.