Re: How to increase the volume on TS4's Alert Sounds

> > What I'd *really* like is the ability to have system-generated alerts
> > (new/cancelled orders and position changes) **ONLY** on the systems
> > I'm actually trading.  I'm so sick of getting alerts from the half-
> > dozen experimental systems I usually have running in the background.
>
> Under format, properties, uncheck "generate orders for next bar"
> on the background systems.

Yes, Brian <bnm03@xxxxxxx> also suggested that.  I've never been
entirely sure what that option did.  The help basically says you MUST
have it set if you're running systems, but that doesn't seem to be
right.  Backtesting works OK, and as far as I can tell it works in
realtime, both for "buy at close" orders and "stops placed on next
bar" orders.

Thanks, Brian and Bill!  This will clean up my environment
considerably.

Anybody got any ideas exactly what it DOES do, other than turning off
the alerts and removing notices from the STCC?  It sure doesn't seem
to turn off "generating orders for the next bar," which is what you
would THINK it would do.  And why would you want to do that anyway???

Gary