Re: Same old same old

Kent should go ahead and keep a FAQ. If list members want to read the FAQ
that is up to them. The regular dialogue will continue even or especially on
FAQ subjects, just there will be an additional resource for quick access.
The intent is to provide list members with a frame of reference on some
general topics that may be of interest to them - especially to new members.

IMHO, keeping a FAQ only tends to increase participation and diversity of
ideas because it flushes out varied opinions on things like brokers and data
vendors etc. All this kind of stuff is date sensitive so it should be date
coded to make sure that the info contained therein doesn't get stale. Of
course there is nothing to prevent current information from being shared on
the list in addition to or in spite of the FAQ.

Ron, If there had been a FAQ with a section on firewalls you would have had
even more information on the subject from which to form an opinion. I only
see it as a positive as it takes nothing away from list interaction
whatsoever. I did enjoy the free speech diatribe but don't think it is a
serious concern in this instance since posting isn't being limited in any
way.

Patrick White

Subscribe to the TraderSimulator list by sending an email to:
tradersimulator-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

or by visiting the site and clicking on the Subscribe link:
http://www.egroups.com/group/tradersimulator