Re: Recommended Data Feed for 2000i

Dear Ian,

When I began subscribing to realtime data, in 1985, I began with satellite
(through Market Information, which became BMI).  Last year I switched to
Internet, QFeed from Quote.com, using DynaStore to feed TS4.  A month or
two later, I also switched from dial-up to cable modem service.  It is not
without its own problems (occasional ISP outages + occasional telephone
outages); also, I have to be there every morning before the open to start
it up.  On the whole, however, I am prefering it, especially when I figure
in my nearly constant frustration of dealing with the people at Data
Broadcasting.  The BMI people I found unusually helpful and cooperative;
those at DBC could not be more opposite.

I should add that I use TS4, not TS2000, and I and others have had problems
collecting data on more than a few dozen issues using QFeed + DynaStore +
TS4.  Apparently, those using TS2000 are not so limited.  With the constant
horror stories I hear about TS2000, however, I have been reluctant to
"up"grade.

Sincerely,

Richard