Re: adding alert to oscillator

In a message dated 7/2/00 12:09:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Hey, SK, how's the free investing training for women going?  :-)

I had a thought for you SK, maybe you should contact TraderGirl.
She is such a good trader, and strong believer in the free flow of info:
I bet she'd be a great mentor for your free fem trading training group.

>  Create a *signal* as follows:

>  VALUE1  = average((h+l)/2,34);
>  VALUE2  = average((h+l)/2,5);
>  VALUE3 = VALUE2 - VALUE1;
>  if VALUE3 > VALUE3[1] or (MarketPosition = 1 and Value3 crosses above 0)
> then Buy;
>  if VALUE3 < VALUE3[1] or (MarketPosition = -1 and Value3 crosses below 0)
> then Sell;

As always, OM's code looks great, but when I tried it in TS4 I didn't get the
two separate signals like I thought I should. Then I tried:

VALUE1  = average((h+l)/2,34);
VALUE2  = average((h+l)/2,5);

VALUE3 = VALUE2 - VALUE1;

if VALUE3 > VALUE3[1] then Buy;
if Value3 crosses above 0 then Buy;

if VALUE3 < VALUE3[1]  then Sell;
if Value3 crosses below 0  then Sell;

In TS4 I clicked format system, properties,
and checked "allow multiple entries in same
direction by different entry signals." I set max
open entries per position at 2.
Dunno about TS2K, or if the same code
would do different stuff.

Bill Wynne