Re: Time to move this list to E-Groups

I personally feel that HUGE  email attachments are a blight on dialup
users -- hey, but that's only one man's opinion who's been around since the
Internet crawled out of the swamp. If the majority of the list _really_
wants to be able to send attachment greater than 15 meg, I'm sure we could
work something out with Eskimo. For example, they could host this list on an
alternate mail server that allowed large attachments. This would require
addition resources from Eskimo --  I personally would be willing to
contribute a nominal fee for this extended service if it's important to the
majority of list subscribers. How many subscribers are on this list? I'd
venture to say it would only cost us  <  $5  a year, per subscriber to cover
the additional costs. We could even do it on a voluntary basis. Jim... would
this be a workable solution? I'm willing to kick in $25 right now. I'm sure
enough other folks would make a voluntary contribution  to make this happen.
I personally feel some loyalty and gratitude to Eskimo for providing this
list service for free for a number of years.  I get a hell of a lot of value
from the posts on this list and the service Eskimo provides -- a lot more
than $5, $10 or $25. FWIW, Eskimo is a regional ISP that actually needs to
take in $ at the end of the day to continue to provide quality service to
its customers and pay their employees. The free service they have provided
over the years has been a contribution to our little "world". I prefer to
keep the list with Eskimo if we can work out a reasonable solution.