Re: TS4 & cable modems

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:09:03 -0400, you wrote:

>Is anyone running TS4 AND using a cable modem?
>
>Any problems, caveats?

I used this combination prior to 2000i.  They don't interact, so one
has no adverse effect on the other.  It won't be the cable modem
itself that makes any difference, it will be the additional software,
such as a I-net browser, overhead that will have the greatest impact.
But, this will be no different than using a dial-up.  If the
high-speed of the cable modem causes you to watch live action video
over the net at the same time as you are trying to run a RT trading
system this won't be the cable modems fault.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977