Re: Optimal Configuration - wish list

I would suggest planning your new system as less of a home computer and more
of data server. When I upgraded to the following configuration, the crashes
and lost ticks decreased markedly.

Windows 2000, DTN satellite, Pacific CommWare high speed serial port card,
dual Pentium III 500 processors, dual Maxtor 7200 rpm UDMA hard drives (you
might want scsi). Two 21" Viewsonic monitors (19" would be a lot cheaper),
Matrox G400 dual head video card. And, a second computer for everything
except TradeStation.I back up an image of the main drive to the second drive
each night, using Powerquest Drive Image. This has saved me enormous grief.

This may sound like overkill, but considering the hours and dollars saved
trying to replace corrupted data, and the opportunity cost when you can't
trade, I think it is the way to go. Omega implies that Windows 98 and any
decent computer is fine, but for realtime trading I think they are wrong
about that.