Re: Mutual fund switching

>your commodity basket sounds excellent - would you have some
>performance stats for it to share with me ?

It used a Markowitz optimization and a "basket" of 3 commodities increased the Sharpe Ratio by close to the theoretical SQRT(3).

A basket of 15 commodities increased it further but not by the theoretical SQRT(15).

                       Sharpe

    1 commodity (JY)    0.94
    3 commodities       1.76
   15 commodities       2.20

It was a very simple daily system backtested over 13 years with holding periods of months.

I was working with another trader so am not at liberty to disclose too many details.

Bob