Number Crunching And 52 Week Highs

Does anyone have studies that reveal statixtical significance or
correlational significance (whether the correlations observed be
presumed in some way 'causative' or 'non-causitive' /cha-ching!) with
stocks that close ON  52-week highs, as opposed to those that made
52-week highs but closed a bit lower....that is, is there a difference
in their subsequent price behaviour?
 Or, what about those that made 50-week highs? What about the price
behaviour of these issues...do a 'statistaclly significant' proportion
of these go on to new 52-week highs?
 Or maybe we should close our eyes and leave the driving to a neural
net.
(But not the neural net behind our foreheads....it can't function
properly with this conscious mind in the way, trying to simplify and
patternize everything it sees).
 Let the denigrating comments and personal attacks begin!

Musing,
Monte