RE: You got game?-bonds vs. stocks

-- Ron wrote:

> Imo, probably a better way to explain the position
> that you were defending is:
>
> "Such correlations and relationships may exist -- if
> they do, I don't know  what they are, nor do I have
> any interest in pursuing them -- and (in my opinion
> probably only a few rocket-scientist types could
> explain them"

This is not my position.  My position is:  "Causal relationships - of the sort presumed by 'intermarket analysis' - do not exist.  They are constructions of imaginations based on correlations of unrelated things."

Please note:  I am not suggesting that one base one's trading on causal relationships, or that one seek to use causal reasoning.  I am suggesting that *intermarket analysis* postulates causal relationships but does not prove that they exist.  And indeed, I go further and suggest that the causal relationships *suggested by intermarket analysts* cannot exist in freely traded markets.

So let it be clear that I am not the one suggesting the use of causal reasoning.  Intermarket analysis suggests that x causes y.  I am simply pointing out that while x may correlate significantly with y, that is no proof of the *causation* that is sought by *intermarket analysts*.

Good trading,

OM