Re: You got game?-bonds vs. stocks

The ancient Chinese who authored the famous book, the I Ching (the Book
of Changes) are characterized as a people whose mindset differed
significantly from the western scientific mind. All elements present
(whether seen or unseen, known or unknown) in a given moment are a part
of that moment, and come together by reason of what Carl Jung (who wrote
the introduction to the Wilhelm/Baynes translation of the I Ching)
termed 'synchronicity.' CAUSAL relationships were of little interest to
this Chinese mind. They thought instead in terms of what kinds of things
'liked' to happen together. They found it far more significant that
thunder and lightning 'liked' to happen together, than that lightning
CAUSED thunder. Starting from this point, the book explains different
types of change,the laws they believe to govern change, and sets forth a
set of bedrock fundamental forces at work in the universe. Then it goes
on to show how these fundamental forces combine in a limited number of
ways.
 To those interested in an interesting and possibly useful exposition of
the principles and dynamics of change, and non-causal correlation, etc.,
I would suggest the Wilhelm/Baynes translation of this classic.

Regards,
Monte