RE: DSL questions for users of 2 or more computers

The LinkSys Cable/Dsl Router I use has a Firewall built in. Its a Hub,
Firewall and Router all in one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Kaminsky [mailto:allan@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 12:01 PM
To: Paula; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DSL questions for users of 2 or more computers

Running DSL into a network works fine. You have the option of assigning IP
addresses to each computer (the ISP probably charges extra for this) or
sharing 1 IP address using Network Address Translation (NAT). Unless you
are a gamer playing quake, the advantage of NAT is that it gives you an
inherent firewall capability. Your DSL router may already have the ability
to run NAT (the Cisco 675 does) or you can use the new Linksys router.

Allan