Tickscape future

Tickscape is looking for mentors

as you probably might remember I launched some time ago
Tickscape for TS4 (can be still found at www.tickscape.com).

Since TS2K has appeared I have released it as freeware in order to
encourage its use. Several hundred people have downloaded
tickscape and I have yet to hear big abuse from them. Which is
why have to assume that they either deleted it from their harddisk
again or still use it happily.

In any case I do still think that the main idea of tickscape - the 3D
price range representation with the user function on the y scale - is
extremely useful.

This setup lets one see a user function value for a range of prices
and therefore encourages a forward looking strategy. One possible
use but not limited to it is to visualise support resistance levels this
way.

What tickscape lacks is a fully blown language. Ideally it should be
possible to use EL to manipulate Tickscape charts. This was not
possible in TS4. However in TS2K this should be possible.

One snag is however that Tickscape uses quite heavy arrays -
guess why Omega never did 3D charts in Tradestation. Given for
example tickcounts of 8000 and price ranges of 500 ticks we are
looking at theoretical arrays of 4,000,000 datapoints which can be
partially plotted. As you can imagine Tickscape uses numerous
tricks to overcome this problem in the 16 bit environment.

Since I dont have enough time myself I am looking for some people
who are interested to port tickscape to TS2K (or some other
platform). I am willing to provide the source code to these people.

I am even willing to release the source code under the GPL licence
if this is useful to further the development of tickscape. "Tickscape"
will however remain my trademark.

Any suggestions on how to further this project are welcome.

Gerrit Jacobsen

Would have hoped that Omega includes 3D charting in TS2K and
not just uses the Tickscape pop-up calendar in the date selection
field :-)