Re: Kaufman's Smarter Trading (KAMA) question

Let's say your version of Kaufman's efficiency is in a function called "KEffy".  Then the AMA length is given by:

Input:
Price(C),
DirLen(10),
FastMA(10),
SlowMA(30);

Var:

AMALen(0),
FastSC(0),
SlowSC(0),
Effy(0),
SC(0),
AdaptMA(0);

FastSC = 2/(FastMA +1);
SlowSC = 2/(SlowMA + 1);
Effy = KEffy(Price, DirLen);
SC = Effy * (FastSC - SlowSC) + SlowSC;

AMALen = Round(2/SC - 1,0);

Plot1(AMALen, "AMALen");

***

Just substitute in your version of Kaufman's efficiency function where I have "KEffy"

The Omega Man