Re: Taxes

From: "Martin Graffman" <marting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 1:54 PM
Subject: Taxes

>     Contrary to the opinion of  most of the listers who are weeping and
> wailing about the tyranny of taxes, it might be fruitful to look at the
> facts about taxes.

>     1. Taxes are not levied by burocrats, but by the officials whom WE
> elected. If we elected them, we can un-elect them.

Wrong.  The system breeds stupidity so intelligence is force to the lowest
common-denominator.  We will not get rid of taxation when voting is done
by the herd.

>     2. If we spent as much time unelecting them as we do complaining
> about taxes, we would not have anything to complain about.

Why should I even have to bother voting for this?  You think anyone in this
country will vote against taxation?  Are you kidding?  People in America
have become so brain-wasted that the concept of not having an IRS is well
DAMN UNAMERICAN!!

>     3. Most people do not complain about taxes as much as you think. They
> are more plaintive about the lack of accountability of governement (our
> ELECTED officials). To my knowledge, there has never been a law passed
> that allocates a given amount of money that must be used by an
> independent auditor (who will determine if the law accomplishes what it
> was designed to do and if it accomplishes its task without waste).
>     Conclusion: If you want to change the tax code or reduce taxes, we
> will have to UN-ELECT our representatives. Not voting will not be
> effective. Complaining on the net will not be effective.
>     Let's get back to trading.

Transferring funds offshore, and not filling out your tax forms = effective.
If we all did this next year, wouldn't this solve the problem?  Look at
Napster?
We are now ALL pirating music, but because there are millions of us doing it
right this second, no one will touch us.

The power of the herd when it adopts ANARCHY

try it... tell the IRS to kiss your ass, and start trading with an extra
30%, and
if all goes wrong, disappear somehow.

Life is an adventure -- isn't it?