Re: http://www.de.credit-suisse.ch/views/index.html

...and the reason why they refuse to accept deposits from US citizens is
what puts the wrench into TG's plans. Fact is, most 'offshore haven' banks
that have branches in the US refuse as well. I think it started with the
Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's 2nd largest bank. The IRS was pursuing a
customer of one of their Caribbean branches, and the branch told them to
take a hike, citing the very strict local secrecy laws. Much as the Swiss
would do. So a US court simply imposed a humungous daily fine on the US arm
of the bank until they complied, which they did very quickly, passing along
all the details requested. Transferring a bank manager and paying a few
$100k to some Caribbean island in penalties for breaching bank secrecy was a
lot less than the few million per day that the US were assessing. Damn
effective, eh?

Oh, I hear you say, use fake ID of some sort or other. Great, now you've
just broken the laws of the country where your money is. And so it

The point is that it isn't as easy as Tg makes out. Sure, there are ways to
stay off the IRS's radar screens, but Tg hasn't done one of them. In fact,
it sounds like she has done just about everything possible to alert the IRS
to what she is up to.

So, don't believe half of what she says, and discount the remainder, because
she's either an Internet troll or very ignorant in offshore matters.

Andrew