Re: TraderGirl vs. The World Trading Challenge

"[ tradergirl ]" wrote:

> Who wants a competition with me.  I will take anyone on this list, you
> choose
> your set of commodities, and price, and whatever, and we go at it, and see
> who will win.
>
> Signed,
>
> Ready to Trade
>
> RULES I THINK THAT SHOULD APPLY
>
> 1) No more than 3 commodities you can bet on as your public choices
>
> 2) The trade can be held for no longer than 3 days.
>
> 3) Money allowed to play is $100,000
>
> 4) Indicators you used or technique you used will have to be disclosed
>
> Lets get these rules refined, and defined, and set a date, and who wants
> to take me on.  I only have one thing to say to those who want to take me
> on: "I will beat you"

Some people hold trades for more than 3 days.  (You might have to worry
less about the commissions on your 50 lots if you did that.)

A contest is meaningless.  A 1-3 year track record starts to mean
something.

A discussion of methods with examples may well be useful, however, so
that part of it might be welcome.

Most experienced traders don't need to prove anything.  But if they do
feel the need if challenged, they would transmit their 1099, or monthly
statements to a neutral third party.  Because that's what matters, not
the result of some couple week contest on a mailing list.

Most traders that I perceive as experienced, are confident in their
method but humbled by the knowledge that the market could still trip
them up.

Conrad Bowers