Re: "trader girl discussion"

CFischer wrote:

> I am following this "trader girl discussion" for some time.
> Well, first of all I agree with Soeren and Dennis in all points.
>
> Tradergirl, you are young. Your first e-mails seemed to be interesting. But
> now I would ask you not to disturb this list anymore with matters you
> believe but donīt know.
>
> Swiss banks WILL inform US authorities on demand as well in the future as
> they already did in the past.

I will have to disagree with you Claus. Swiss Banks will only reveal information
pertaining to a client if there is proof beyond reasonable doubt that the Funds
the "client" has in their banks originated or is affiliated  with "Drugs". This
is the only reason upon which Swiss Banks or Liechtenstein for that matter will
reveal the information. That is the RAISON D'ETRE OF SWISS LAW

Swiss Banks will not inform US authorities on DEMAND. You would as well say the
Federal Reserve control the Swiss.

As much as I find the idiosyncratic views of Tradergirls not of my taste,
neither one of us is in in the posession of the ultimate truth. No one is. In
her own premis she seems to have all the answers. Great for her. As all traders
remember "Know thy Self". Need I say more. What is a juxtaposition of
idiosyncratic views for one may be the elixir vitoe for another.

And who is to say we should not throw the rules on their head. The US has been
having a big problem with the Rich seeking Tax Heavens. The
Cayman Islands have come in handy for some in the US. Germany has the same
problem with many fleeing to Liechtenstein. Britain declared a crack down on its
citizens who are sheltering away large sums in the Islands of Gilbrater.

Look at endless rising recursive loops. ( if I can borrow Hofstadter for a
second). With the coming of the digital age the fine demarcation line of rules
is not that clear. You must remember the Regulators are also market participants
and normally lag behind. They are much better at reacting to a crisis than
preventing one!

There is a parsimony in believing young ways amount to nothing. I remember
reading about Stanley Druckenmiller being promoted to head of  Research at a
young age of 23 (Over his associates 40 and 50 years who had been in the trading
business for 20 + years). Inquiring as to why he had been chosen. The manager
answered. "All your associates like me, are well aware of the dangers out there
and would not in our wildest dream take any risk in this climate. You on the
other hand are young and ignorant of the dangers. You will plunge right in
without fear". Needless to say the Bank had its biggest return ever that year
with Stanley as Chief Investment strategist.

Markets are never wrong, Opnions often are.
(Get the facts about offshore. Fly out to Europe and get the Facts yourself.)
"As long as you have the facts you can stand steadfast against all those who
were supposed to know best" ... Bernard Baruch

Regards
Shawn
--
Ricercar Fund /SA "Quarendo Invenietis"