TC2000

>From: "[ tradergirl ]" <tradergirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Okay anyways, I have a question, is anyone using TC2000 or trading stocks
>long-term?  I am thinking about using TC2000 I think it is called
>specifically for my long portfolio, and using TS4 for my futures trading.
>Its a cheapie program, like free, plus like $39 a month, or $19.  I'd like
>to know the data specifications of the application as well (ASCII, or
>proprietary).

TG:

TC2000 is a reasonably high-powered ranking program, including some
proprietary variations on classic indicators that the Worden Brothers are
very proud of.  I.e., they position themselves as teachers, not just as
software vendors.   I do not believe it does any backtesting.  The software
and historical database are free because they are actually in the monthly
"toll-booth", EOD d/l'ing business, which they hope to get you hooked
on.  According to what they've told me, the software will export to a
variety of data formats, and may even include an incremental
exporter.  E.g., if you like to keep a parallel TC2000 database in
Metastock format, you don't have to export the entire darned thing every
night.  You can d/l to TC2000's proprietary format, push a button and
update your parallel Metastock-format database by exporting only the latest
quotes, which will merge automatically with your parallel database.

Is this all true?  I don't know for sure, it's what they told me over there
when I called.   They've got a special going now where they'll send you
everything for free with no shipping charges, can't beat it if you want to
take a look.    www.tc2000.com seemed to work, as I recall.

       Paul