From: Matthew D. Langston <langston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, May 06, 2000 4:20 PM
Subject: priming the GS symbol list in TS2000i

I would like to import a list of stock symbols (about 2000 of them) from an
Excel spreadsheet "en masse" into my symbol list in the TradeStation 2000i
Global Server.  Is this possible?

Everything I've tried in the Global Server seems to indicate that importing
such a list of symbols into the Global Server isn't possible.  From what I
have been able to determine, symbols must be added manually, one at a time
(i.e. looking at my Excel spreadsheet in one window, and manually adding
them into the Global Server mouse click by mouse click).

Would some kind soul either confirm this behavior of the Global Server for
me, or (even better) set me straight and tell me how to import an existing
list of symbols into the Global Server?

--
Matthew D. Langston
SLD, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center