Re: Internet feeds

> > >Yes, cable is a little more expensive and a few seconds slower, but
its'
> > >reliability is unmatched by internet or satellite service.
> > Nice to know Mr. Theo's unique circumstances are positive.  Individual
> > comparisions between cable and satellite service will vary.
>
> Yes.  He obviously doesn't have my cable company.
>
> Planning to move to satellite delivery before too long...
> Gary

Actually my circumstance is not as unique as has been implied. According to
S&C Magazine, BMI is the Reader Choice Award winner for Futures data year
after year. And has only recently been moved out of the top spot by e-signal
for Real-Time Data. So, it doesn't take a genius to determine that a great
many traders are quite satisified with the unmatched reliability that BMI
cable feed provides. As I remarked earlier, cable data will be more
expensive, but as in many cases, you get what you pay for. If you don't mind
watching your data feed go down in the middle of a trade, then feel free to
use a cheap internet service.

As for the cable company, yes, it does help to have one that doesn't have
regular outage problems. I have AT&T Cable in my area so it's extremely rare
(twice in two years) that my cable goes down. But don't think you're going
to escape problems with a satellite dish. Dishes are subject to "rain fade"
that could significantly impact your data collection. And if you live in an
area that gets snow, be prepared to regularly go out and clear the snow out
of the dish.

John Theo