Re: Tom Jackson system

Hello  DP,

below  is  the original web page with code and trade by trade results.
i  just noticed that while the default value of the system code is set
to 5 - actually the test were done using an input of 40 - not 5.  that
may explain to some degree the difference between results.

http://www.markbrown.com/tj/tj.htm

for  the record i think tom jackson is a cheat - anyone who will spend
the  time  to  completely  research  his  method  will understand that.
otherwise  you  will  thoroughly understand if by nothing else than the
diminishing  account  balance.   what  tom  (if  there  is  a tom) has
mastered is the perfect balance of deception - fear greed and doubt.

DECEPTION -  hypothetical  results  that  are  absolutely  un-
obtainable.   tom  uses the posted opening - seldom if ever do many of
us  have the luxury of looking back and saying HEY I WANT TO BE FILLED
HERE  at this price exactly.  the fact that he uses the posted opening
gives  him  on average a 1-4 point head start on more than 60 % of the
trades.   that  alone  coupled with the small profit target and larger
risk  allows  the  volatility  of  the  sp to swing within the claimed
profit target.

FEAR GREED -  tom  or  the  brokers  of tom have a real winner here
because  there  is  an  old  saying in the business.  don't care if the
clients   make   money  just  don't  blow them out.  tom's method is a
delicate  balance  between  winning and loosing.  the system's results
that  tom  post  along with the brokers eagerness (read ignorance) and
the  clients enthusiasm (read greed) and the isolation from others who
trade  the system (for purposes of comparison) make tom's world almost
perfect.  the next subject make it perfect.

DOUBT - with the perfect blend of isolation - unrealistic hypothetical
fills  -  larger  risk  per  trade  than profit target coupled with an
occasional  streak  of old fashioned good luck.  make for DOUBT to set
in  that this could not possibly be a scam (but it is).  why i've made
money  some  say  - yea well others haven't and those who have lost in
the cycle are far less vocal than the winners.  thats another brilliant
piece    of    this    well   tuned  scam.  this bickering between the
winners/loosers  creates  a  smoke  screen  to  hide the truth that it
simply  does not make money.  it reminds me of this scheme a friend of
mine  had  who  was  going  to become legend amongst stock pickers by
starting  a  news letter and then recommending a stock to buy for half
the  subscribers  and  the other half he would tell sell.  the myth of
his  greatness  would  perpetuate  amongst his followers and the would
draw in more newbie's as the existing crowd was burt out.

another  area  of doubt and isolation - is that the client will belive
that  he  or  she  is  the only one not being able to obtain the same
results that tom post.  thus blaming the piss poor broker service they
have  received.    then  the brokers start blaming that the system has
changed or monkied with.  looking for any avenue of escape to explain
away the reasons that they can not perform as the posted opening.  the
whole  thing  takes  quite a long time to cycle through start to finish
because  of  the  natural winning and loosing cycles of a random event
such  as  this.   some  come  in on the low and experience nothing but
upside and others attracted by this come in on the high and do nothing
but  loose.

so  when  you combine all the possible pitfalls of this method and all
the  random  events  that may or may not happen when you wish them to.
with the unobtainable results that tom post as a bench mark.  well..

if   this   method  was so hot and it did so well - and i owned it the
USA would now be the Republic of Brown.. nations capital relocated to
Dallas of course...

mark

--
Best regards,