RE: TS 4.0 Build 27 Mysterious Moving Average problem the last 3 weeks

It sounds like something is causing TS to stall.  What you might do is

1. Make a backup of your current HD or at least the Omega directory
2. Now start with a fresh hard drive (new or newly formatted).  Make sure
there's plenty of space (like a spare 5G at least just to be safe).  Your
best bet is to dedicate this machine to nothing but trading.  No TSR's or
junk like that running in the background.
3. Reinstall the OS, and TS4 and all the patches to make sure the Win\Sys
directory has the latest TS files.
4. Copy over the entire Omega directory from your old HD to your new one.
5. Run it and see if the problem still persists.

My guess is there's some spurious process or problem with the HD that's
causing TS to pause.

If you're running Win98 run defrag.

Verify that there's plenty of space on your current hardrive.

Better yet, seriously consider upgrading to NT4 Workstation or NT2000
Workstation.  I can only vouch for NT4 that TS4 runs ahelluva better under
NT than Win98. This may fix your problem and gives you a good reason to
reinstall everything.

Good Luck,
Brian.